Monday, July 12, 2010

Sisters Oregon (continued)


Although I walked through the many quilt sites with Marg and Laurel for the entire morning, it became apparent that I was getting on their nerves and they were looking frantically for something for me to do in the afternoon.

They succeeded!!!

They saw a fly fishing shop which offered lessons and a private guide and guess what??? I went into the dark woods and mountains of Sisters with my very own private guide.


The guide, named Ralph, took me on a 16 mile journey in his 1971 Ford "pick-em-up" to the most beautiful lake region for some "not so serious" fly fishing lessons and fishing.

Here's Ralph putting a fly on my pole for me...talk about being pampered!!!

Below, I am attempting to cast while staying afloat in the most god-awful floating device which seemed to have a mind of its own. I kept finding myself ashore on the banks with my guide yelling that I needed to keep more to the center of the lake. The lake's current coupled with a mild wind would cast me adrift more often than I wanted.

Although we were on the lake for 2 1/2 hours the only thing that I snagged with my line was a fish that Ralph called a "rock bass"!

No comments:

Post a Comment